JOHHNY WA;KER

Tuesday 3 March 2015

music is a purpose___korede bello (interview)



        Korede Bello in a recent chat with The Nation has aired his views on being called an upcoming artist and also spoke on his career so far and how fulfilled he is with it. Read excerpts from the interview below.
When people regard you as an upcoming act, do you see yourself in that direction as well?
When somebody goes to school and is in primary one, will you call the person upcoming student? Or when you just get a job in the bank will you be called an upcoming banker? But for me I will say people are entitled to whatever title they choose to give artistes, but it depends on the artiste; ‘how you see yourself.’ I see myself as a musician, I see myself as a mega super star and that is all that matters. I will advise artistes not to go along with that upcoming title because you might just remain upcoming forever. So you had better see yourself as a musician and a servant to humanity. Is there upcoming pastor? If there is none, why upcoming artiste?
Will you say music is a fulfillment to you at this stage you are?
I am very proud to be a musician, especially to be one. As I said, I see music as a purpose, and whenever people feel the vibes; whenever they sing along with me doing my thing; whenever people claim the blessing embedded in my song, it is joy and I sense fulfillment along. When you listen to the Godwin song it is like a prayer. And whenever you get people singing that kind of song, I will tell you it is fulfilling, because it is like you are doing something positive – serving humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment